The purpose of the e5t Foundation is to become the one stop think tank that will influence operators to act upon: “Energy Efficiency, Saving energy and our local communities”
E5t is an open think-tank where everyone who is working and/or is concerned by the challenges and opportunities could share and collaborate with peers and other practitioners, researchers and business contacts.
The vision of the foundation to help identify and address the challenges we all face in relation to the decrease of stocks fossil energies and their now recognized detrimental effect on the environment. E5t foundation will contribute to generate and communicate about innovative solutions to these climate change energy dependency related issues.
1. To engage the know-how and skills of all the energy industry practitioners (enterprises, politicians, public servants, students, teachers and consumers). At our Summer Event (last over 2 days in August in La Rochelle in France), each invited speaker will be given the opportunity to present their work for 10 minutes individually or within a round-table discussion.
2. In order to promote and raise the profile and media visibility of innovative ideas and businesses in Energy Efficiency, we have created the Energy Innovation Awards for Local Communities. These Awards will incentivize the launch of new projects and initiatives that will directly or indirectly contribute to adapt to the shift to renewable energy.
Applicants need to apply via our website on www.e5t.fr and choose one of the three following categories :
· Efficiency: Implementation and tangible impact
· Positive Impact on local communities
The 3 winners of E5t Territorial Innovation Prize for the 2016 edition were:
- Navya technologies, with a fleet of 100% autonomous electrical cars.
- Comwatt, the project which promote self-consumption of the electricity produced by private individuals through photovoltaic solar panels, associated with an original and innovative system that allows to use and stock energy for daily uses, thanks to optimization algorithms.
- Carabati, tiles made in France which favours manufacturing techniques allowing to reduce environmental footprint.
A Special Mention Prize was awarded to Blue Planet Challenge, a program set up to allow children and young people to discover in a playful manner the notion of sustainable development through an online platform, educational kits for teachers and activities for schoolchildren.
The Jury’s Favourite Prize was for “L’arbre à vent” (Wind Tree), a wind power generator with natural and innovative design that insure its efficiency in urban areas.
- The first summer university conference of the 5et Foundation in La Rochelle took place on the 28th and 29th of August 2013 under the title “Energy, Energy Efficiency and Local Communities.’’ With over 130 attendees and 45 scheduled talks, the event was a huge success.
- The second conference under the title “Energy transition, Innovation and Local Communities, “on the 27th and 28th of August 2014, was an even greater success with the participation of over 230 people attending 50 talks.
- The third conference has exceeded expectations. On the 26th and 27th of August 2015, under the title “In the run up to COP21 – are France and Europe good examples?” The event had closed to 280 participants and 60 speakers.
- The 4th edition took place on August 24th and 25th, 2016 in La Rochelle. This last edition gathered 450 participants and 70 speakers, invited to reflect on “the low carbon growth and its paradoxes, from the Paris Agreement to the solutions of the COP22.”
To obtain all the information: http://www.e5t.fr/